IMLEX Admission Requirements
Minimum eligibility criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Photonics, or related field with good grades issued by an internationally recognised university.
- Good command of English language. TOEFL iBT 92, IELTS Academic 6.5, PTE 62 OR Bachelor’s or Master’s degree conducted in English language.
Application form and enclosures
The on-line application form must be filled in and the required enclosures need to be attached (in pdf format) with the on-line application. At the application state we require only scanned enclosures attached (uploaded) to the application form. Paper copies are not required during the application period. Please see further instructions and how to submit your application documents at UEF admissions website.
- B.Sc. degree certificate or equivalent, and an English translation of it, see admission requirements below
- An official transcript of academic records, and an English translation of it, see admission requirements below
- English language certificate, see admission requirements below
- Two recommendation letters, see admission requirements below
- Curriculum vitae. CV must be presented in chronological order and must not have gaps longer than 12 months during the recent five years
- A certificate of residence
- A copy of passport
- One passport-size photo
All applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, electrical engineering, photonics, or in related field corresponding to at least 3 years’ of full-time academic studies (equivalent of 180 ECTS credit units in the Finnish university system) obtained at an internationally recognised and accredited university or higher education institution.
The degree should include enough studies in computer science completed at excellent levels. The basic skills expected are specifically: programming skills, knowledge about the theoretical foundations of computer science, data structures and algorithms, databases and data management. These skills are separately evaluated for each candidate. Applicants lacking background in one or more of the mentioned skills can be selected as students only in exceptional cases.
If the applicant has not yet graduated, she/he can be selected on condition that she/he will be able to graduate and submit the required degree certificate and transcript of academic records and their translations by 6 August 2021 to the coordinator of the programme. The applicant should also inform the expected date of the graduation in the application form.
The applicants should follow the guidelines given for the temporary (provisional) degree certificate and for official translations and country-specific regulations at UEF required documents website.
Applicants for the Master’s degree programmes are required to have sufficient English language proficiency. The English language proficiency must be proved by:
- IELTS (Academic): overall 6.5
- TOEFL (iBT): 92
- PTE: 62
The English language test is not required for applicants who have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree conducted in English language. A certificate from the university stating that the language of instruction during the BSc studies has been English is required.
Also other language test results may be accepted, if they can reliably show the level of language proficiency. All language test results must be submitted as instructed at UEF language requirements website.
In the application form statements about applicant’s motivation is required, including work experience and international experience, if relevant. In addition, cv, certificate of residence, copy of passport and one passport-size photo of the applicant need to be attached with the application package in pdf format.
In the application form, the applicant should indicate their preferred mobility track for the semester 2:
Lighting at KU Leuven in Belgium, or
Computational Imaging at University Jean Monnet in France.
Programme coordinators have the right to decide the mobility for each student, to keep the balance between partner universities.