IMLEX Admission Requirements
Minimum eligibility criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Electronical Engineering, Photonics, or in related field with good grades, issued by an internationally recognised university.
- Good command of English language. TOEFL iBT 92, IELTS Academic 6.5, PTE 62 OR Bachelor’s or Master’s degree conducted in English language.
Application form and enclosures
The online application form must be filled in and the required enclosures need to be attached (in pdf format) with the on-line application. At the application state we require only scanned enclosures attached (uploaded) to the application form. Paper copies are not required during the application period. Please see further instructions and how to submit your application documents at UEF admissions website.
- B.Sc. degree certificate or equivalent, and an English translation of it, see admission requirements below
- An official transcript of academic records, and an English translation of it, see admission requirements below
- English language certificate, see admission requirements below
- Two recommendation letters, see admission requirements below
- Curriculum vitae. CV must be presented in chronological order and must not have gaps longer than 12 months during the recent five years
- A certificate of residence
- A copy of passport
- A passport-size photo
Admission requirements 2022
All applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Electronical Engineering, Photonics, or in related field corresponding to at least 3 years of full-time academic studies (equivalent of 180 ECTS credit units in the Finnish university system) obtained at an internationally recognised and accredited university or higher education institution.
The degree should include enough relevant studies completed at excellent levels, so that the admitted students will have sufficient background for the IMLEX studies. The relevant fields that will give points in the evaluation process are (list is not exhaustive, also other topics can be considered as merit)
- data structures and algorithms,
- programming skills,
- imaging; XR; computer graphics; electronics; lighting
In addition to the academic studies, skills gained from work experience or other studies can be taken into consideration.
These skills are separately evaluated for each candidate and evaluation points given taking into consideration the suitability for the IMLEX curriculum.
If the applicant has not yet graduated, she/he can be selected on condition that she/he will be able to graduate and submit the required degree certificate and transcript of academic records and their translations by 10 August 2022 to the coordinator of the programme. The applicant should also inform the expected date of the graduation in the application form.
The applicants should follow the guidelines given for the temporary (provisional) degree certificate and for official translations and country-specific regulations at UEF required documents website.
Applicants for the Master’s degree programmes are required to have sufficient English language proficiency. The English language proficiency must be proved by:
- IELTS (Academic): overall 6.5
- TOEFL (iBT): 92
- PTE: 62
The English language test is not required for applicants who have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree conducted in English language. A certificate from the university stating that the language of instruction during the BSc studies has been English is required.
- other reliable proof of English language proficiency equivalent to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), approved by the IMLEX Admission Committee.
All language test results must be submitted as instructed at UEF language requirements website.
In the application form statements about applicant’s motivation is required, including work experience and international experience, if relevant. In addition, CV, certificate of residence, copy of passport and passport-size photo of the applicant need to be attached in the application in pdf format.
In the application form, the applicant should indicate their preferred mobility track for the semester 2:
Lighting at KU Leuven in Belgium, or
Computational Imaging at University Jean Monnet in France.
Programme coordinators have the right to decide the mobility for each student, to keep the balance between partner universities.