How to apply?
Thinking about applying for admission to IMLEX?
Do you want to benefit from the unique mobility, cooperation and academic excellence of IMLEX? The fifth IMLEX student cohort will start their studies in September 2024.
The application period for intake 2024 will be open on 3 January – 17 January 2024.
Please note that IMLEX will not issue Erasmus Mundus scholarships for the intake 2024.
In the Studyinfo link below you can find more information on applying.
We welcome applications from persons who hold a Bachelor’s degree for example in Information Technology, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Electronical Engineering, Photonics, or in a closely related field. You should submit your application electronically via Studyinfo.fi. Please click on the links on menu to learn more about our admission requirements.
For general questions regarding the Erasmus Mundus Master’s degrees, please see the EACEA website.
IMLEX application procedure, step-by-step
The online application form will be available in Studyinfo during the application period. The form must be filled in and the required enclosures need to be attached (in pdf format) with the on-line application by the given deadline. At the application state we require only scanned enclosures attached (uploaded) to the application form. Paper copies are not required during the application period. The recommendation letters can be attached with the application or they can be sent by email directly to the IMLEX programme Coordinator, Ms. Laura Hurmalainen (imlex(at)uef.fi) by the referee. Also the recommendation letters need to arrive by the given deadline.
Required documents, as electronic copies
- Application form, filled in the studyinfo system
- B.Sc. degree certificate or equivalent, and an English translation of it, see admission requirements
- An official transcript of academic records, and an English translation of it, see admission requirements
- English language certificate, see admission requirements
- Two recommendation letters. There is no specific template for the recommendation letters.
- Curriculum vitae. CV must be presented in chronological order and must not have gaps longer than 12 months during the recent five years
- A certificate of residence*
- A copy of passport/ID card
- A passport-size photo
* The place of residence can be verified for example by:
- a residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality normal registration rules;
- a certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
The certificate of residence must have been issued within the 12 months prior to the submission deadline of applying and include the current postal address or home city of the applicant.
Please note that paper copies are not needed, if the applicant submits the electronic copies in the application system. If application documents are mailed in by a third party, e.g. your university officials, the admissions office will forward the documents to the programme coordinator for evaluation. These documents can be mailed to Admissions Office:
UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN FINLAND
Admissions Office, Joensuu campus
Yliopistokatu 2 / P.O. Box 111
80101 Joensuu, Finland
It is always the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that the application documents reach the University of Eastern Finland (UEF) by the deadline. UEF does not process any application documents that have arrived after the deadline.
IMLEX programme will host a number of Japanese a students each year, with scholarships from the Japanese authorities. All Japanese applicants should contact the coordinators at the Toyohashi University of Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All intake 2024 students will follow Computational Imaging study track at University Jean Monnet in France.
Previous student cohorts have been able to choose between the Computational Imaging track and Lighting track at KU Leuven in Belgium.
The university will carry out the student selection and inform the applicants on their admission results by the latest on 12 April 2024 by email. Admitted students can also request paper documents sent by mail if needed. Non-admitted students will be notified about the selection results and the appeal procedures by email only.
Admitted students should inform whether they accept their study place at the latest by 11 July 2024 either electronically via Studyinfo portal or by submitting the confirmation form electronically to email@example.com. IMLEX studies will begin in the beginning of September 2024 at the University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu campus.
According to One study place per term provision, a student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland during one academic term. This rule applies to all higher education.
All accepted students will be conditionally accepted until
- they have provided officially certified copies of their educational documents, if they cannot authenticate their degree/transcript electronically when applying. The students will be conditionally accepted until they have provided the certified copies of the educational document (degree certificate and transcript of records). Country specific requirements are in use in the situations when the applicant cannot provide the documents electronically. The last date to send the documents is 9 August 2024. In case the applicants do not deliver the documents by the given deadline, their study right will be cancelled.
- they have paid the required Consortium fee and signed the IMLEX Student Agreement.